Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stay

A little longer
Keep your pace
A few more hours
Stay
A little while
To mend my heart
A little while
I pray

You’ve always been
My guiding light
Forever you
My star
Foster mother
Confidant
My shining knight
You are

I’ll travel time
I’ll travel space
I’ll race across
The sea
You hold my heart
Within your hand
So Mother, wait
For me

You cannot leave
Without farewell
I cannot let
You go
Without the chance
To feel you breathe
And hold you close
Once more

Just this I ask
Of God, of you
To linger still
I pray
If I had just
One wish in life
I’d wish for you
To stay

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Thank you so much, Hanna, that is a beautiful poem--too touching for words! It is my prayer too, to see you again. Thank you for your prayers, from the bottom of my heart! I love you forever!! Mom OXOXOXOXO

8:14 PM  
Blogger julia said...

that's gorgeous hanna! Beautiful words!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home