Be my Valentine
Ok, I know this is sappy but it's Valentine's for crying out loud, the time to be corny and all that mushy stuff!
“Again”
If time could be subjective
And calendars all bare
If watches were all silent
If minutes could be fair
If a clock could just rewind
A thousand hours erase
Still you I’d always find
Regardless time, regardless space
I would want it the same
Repeat hurt, repeat pain
Relive what we became
I would do it again
Come whatever may be
There’s just you, there’s just me
Make that first kiss the same
I would love you again
If I could see the future
And know what lies ahead
If our story could be over
With words now yet unsaid
If I would see us ending
In a magic mirror’s face
It’d still be you I turn to
Regardless time, regardless space
I would want it the same
Repeat love, repeat gain
Relive what we became
I would do it again
There’s no why, there’s no how
Only you, only now
Make our first time the same
I would love you again
So here’s to neverending
Here’s to me and you
We’ve lasted for a decade
Why not try another few?
“Again”
If time could be subjective
And calendars all bare
If watches were all silent
If minutes could be fair
If a clock could just rewind
A thousand hours erase
Still you I’d always find
Regardless time, regardless space
I would want it the same
Repeat hurt, repeat pain
Relive what we became
I would do it again
Come whatever may be
There’s just you, there’s just me
Make that first kiss the same
I would love you again
If I could see the future
And know what lies ahead
If our story could be over
With words now yet unsaid
If I would see us ending
In a magic mirror’s face
It’d still be you I turn to
Regardless time, regardless space
I would want it the same
Repeat love, repeat gain
Relive what we became
I would do it again
There’s no why, there’s no how
Only you, only now
Make our first time the same
I would love you again
So here’s to neverending
Here’s to me and you
We’ve lasted for a decade
Why not try another few?


1 Comments:
What a beautiful poem, Hanna! True love does exist!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home