Fated
Somewhere behind
My heart stopped beating
Without forewarning
Somewhere in time
I left my feeling
Left my mourning
I would die if I could
I would
But I’m fated
I would cry if I could
I would
But I’m jaded
Not unaware
Physically there
Somewhere inside
My mind stopped seeking
Stopped believing
Somehow I find
Myself critiquing
The mess I’m leaving
I would scream if I could
I would
But I’m breathless
I would dream if I could
I would
But I’m restless
Not in denial
Just conscious on trial
Sometime I’ll try
To restart bleeding
Restart feeling
Sometime I might
Wish I were needing
Love’s appealing
I would stray if I could
I would
But I’m rope-tied
I would pray if I could
I would
But my hope’s died
Not in a trance
Merely dead in advance
My heart stopped beating
Without forewarning
Somewhere in time
I left my feeling
Left my mourning
I would die if I could
I would
But I’m fated
I would cry if I could
I would
But I’m jaded
Not unaware
Physically there
Somewhere inside
My mind stopped seeking
Stopped believing
Somehow I find
Myself critiquing
The mess I’m leaving
I would scream if I could
I would
But I’m breathless
I would dream if I could
I would
But I’m restless
Not in denial
Just conscious on trial
Sometime I’ll try
To restart bleeding
Restart feeling
Sometime I might
Wish I were needing
Love’s appealing
I would stray if I could
I would
But I’m rope-tied
I would pray if I could
I would
But my hope’s died
Not in a trance
Merely dead in advance


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home