Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mirror

It’s a damn bitter taste
Of coffee overcooked
It’s a damn rotten waste
A beauty overlooked

Unnaturally real
The TV and its sound
Sporadically me
I throw my novel down

Mirror on the wall
Answer me in truth
Mirror on the wall
Tell me what to do
If my escape
Were to fail
Should my freedom
Skip bail

It’s a messy double bed
With misery asleep
It’s a stressy tired head
That hides beneath the sheet

A cold and empty room
Of memories passé
A dark and solid gloom
That’s settled on my day

Mirror on the wall
It screams at me in tears
Mirror on the wall
It’s silence rips my ears
With a shout
and a call
Am I hearing
at all?

It’s a cruel and gripping pain
That’s stuck inside my guts
It’s fooled and empty drain
That’s driving me all nuts

Intentionally fake
Allegedly aware
This bed I did not make
This dream I didn’t share

Mirror on the wall
It tells me who I am
Mirror on the wall
My life’s a single scam
It’s a fairy-tale lie
My heart’s breaking inside

Mirror on the wall
It sees my bags are packed,
Sees I heard the call
Am finding what I lacked
Now I’m closing the door
It won’t see me no more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home